Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer sketchy-doodles

Hey, sportsfans! Or beachfans rather. I'm in full summer mode, and in honor of the first day of the season, thought I'd toss up some beachy sketches. These were heavily inspired by one of my favorite contemporary artists, Vera Brosgol. Check out her site at http://www.verabee.com/ . Also give her brand new graphic novel a look: Anya's Ghost, available on Amazon for those of us not lucky enough to be able to attend Stumpfest or any of her other cons. Speaking of Comic conventions, are there listings of those somewhere? Are there any on the east coast that lean more the indie way? I've only ever been to the HerosCon in Charlotte, which is great and all, but seemed rather traditional for my tastes. Anyhoo, splashy splashy!

No comments:

Post a Comment